Monday, 20 January 2014

First Thoughts: Toaru Hikuushi E No Koiuta

A number of years ago, in the Balsteros empire, a rebellion occurs, in a night an new republic is formed. Both King and Queen, as well as their only son, are all killed.
A number of years later Karueru and his sister Nina become trainee pilots in search of the end of the sky. Living on the floating island Isla, they meet a number of new people, including a charming young girl called Claire Cruz. The series is animated by TMS Entertainment, formerly known as Tokyo Movie Shinsha, and have animated series like D.Gray-man and Bakuman. From what I can tell withing the first 3 episodes is that the story has a good drive, there's a reason behind things, as well as it being believable... apart from the floating island and magical girl, but I digress. I recommend the series to anyone looking for a sweet story with what may become a sour twist. I kept the summery short for a reason, watch the series to find out more.

2 comments:

  1. With all due respect, I've found that you have recommended effectively every anime out in this season, complimenting all of them, which gives the effect of a lack of serious differentiation between the common and the spectacularly good anime.

    Contrast, for instance, your view of this anime to mine. I find this series watch-able, myself, but I would certainly not be one to recommend it to others. As of what I've seen so far of it, there seems to be little that makes it stand out, and little that latches me onto the story.

    Of course you could just say that it's my inner cynic and high standards doing the judging, and you would be correct. Nonetheless, high standards during reviews would be quite useful in differentiating between anime that is average, above average, and anime that blow your mind.

    Keep such in mind. Such is just my opinion.

    Regards
    Teacher - 師傅

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's mainly because I only look at the ones that I think sound cool. Sorry

    ReplyDelete