Wednesday, 22 January 2014
First Thoughts: Buddy Complex
Time travel, Mechs, explosions, rivalries, this series has a lot to it, and I like it. First day back after summer break, Aoba Watase spends his lunch break with his mates playing a bit of basketball, when out of seemingly nowhere a giant mecha or Valiancer, comes out and starts trying to kill him. A classmate, Hina, suddenly grabs Aoba and runs away with him. After getting seperated, Hina soon appears with a Valiancer of her own, and after grabbing Aoba sends him and the mecha 70 years into the future. Where Aoba is suddenly thrown into a war, and must use the Valiancer given to him to save his own life. Animated by Sunrise, who have brought us many favorites like Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Gundum, Accel World and Gintama, the quality of art is beautiful. The series, for only being 3 episodes in has me immersed, and I'm not even such a big fan of mecha anime to begin with. If mech is for you, this series is a definite go to, but even if you're not a big fan, such as myself, I still recommend you give it a try, you may be surprised like I was.
Labels:
Anime
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment